Orinoco WiFi cards

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Thu May 19 01:47:56 UTC 2011

Is anyone using one of the classic Orinoco PCMCIA cards
(Silver or Gold) with Fedora 14?

I have two computers with these cards.
One has an Orinoco card as part of a PCI-to-PCMCIA system.
This bombs out under Fedora-14 with an OOPS which prevents booting.

The other is a ThinkPad T43, which just reports that
there is a kernel problem.

I'm not clear if the orinoco_cs driver is still supported?

I also wonder if it is possible to run these cards with ndiswrapper?

And finally, I wonder if there is a list of PCMCIA and USB WiFi devices
compatible with Fedora-14?
I've only been able to find rather ancient lists,
eg <http://linux-wless.passys.nl/>.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net