Ruby ???

Mikkel L. Ellertson mellertson at gmail.com
Thu May 19 13:24:44 UTC 2011

On 05/18/2011 07:40 PM, Aradenatorix Veckhom Vacelaevus wrote:
> Well, the script isn't too long so you can open it easily with
> gedit, kate or your favorite editor and remove the repeated number
> of line and that's all. You don't need to complicate your life.
>
> Good Luck:
> Aradnix

You like doing things the hard way. He said this was only the first
25 lines, so we do not know how long it is. I would probably do
something like:

sed -e "s@^[0-9]*[ ]*@@" input.file > output.file

This not only removes the line numbers, but the spaces after them as
well. If what shows up as spaces in the posting are really tabs, a
small change is required:

sed -e "s@^[0-9]*\t@@" input.file > output.file

This also has the advantage of only removing the first tab, and
leaving all the other formatting the same. The first version will
remove all the spaces after the number until it hits a non-space
character. That would probably mess up any indentation in the script.

Mikkel