dell windows 7/fedora dual boot?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 13:47:09 UTC 2011

I see strange and wondrous partitions on my new dell which no
doubt have something to do with the magic dell system recovery
and diagnostic magic. I have no feel for how badly any of this
dell magic would be screwed up if I let anaconda overwrite
the MBR.

Does it seem like a safer option to use the Windows 7
boot manager to handle the dual booting duties and install
grub in the same partition with fedora? (Letting boot
manager hand off to grub). I see an EasyBCD program
available on the net which is supposed to simplify editing the
Windows 7 boot manager config.