booting F14 on 2nd drive on a Windows 7 PC

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 20:33:53 UTC 2011

On 05/19/11 13:25, FHDATA wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Sorry if this is a newbie question....
>

> A. Recently purchased PC has 2 physical drives (let's
>      call them  p0 , p1).
>
> B. p0 has windows 7 ; p1 is blank never been used.
>
> C. I used F14 32bit install media and it sees
>      p0  as /dev/sda1 and it sees p1 as /dev/adb
>
> D. Fedora 14 install completes successfully....
>      During which it was instructed to install
>      boot loader onto p1 and to leave alone /dev/sda1  ...
>
> E. BIOS knows that it needs to boot to p1
What do you mean?
Tell us what the bios prompts you to do when you power  up.
Does it ask you what disk to boot from?
Or do you press one of the functions keys to force bios
to give you the screen from which you select the boot device?
> F. I get a blinking prompt and nothing else....

Durng the install, where di you choose to install grub?
did you leave it at sda or did  you change it to sdb?