Antivirus for Fedora 14

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri May 20 16:00:33 UTC 2011

On 05/20/2011 11:08 PM, Tim wrote:
> It's generally regarded that you don't need anti-virus software for
> Linux.  I haven't bothered, haven't seen the need for it, and I think
> it's been around a decade that I've been running Linux this way.  (And I
> do mean it runs, not hobbles about in a broken way, that some people
> will put up with.)

Basically agree with you.  FWIW, I run anti-virus *not* to protect
myself, but to protect others where I may inadvertently pass on a virus.

In my business I get MS Word and MS Powerpoint documents from various
sources and, at times, pass them on to others.  I can't be 100% certain
the the documents that I receive are virus free.  So, rather than being
accused of disseminating infected documents, I prefer to pass on
documents that I am confident are virus free.  So, I check all incoming
document.

--
I'm not laughing with you, I'm laughing at you. 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八
德路四段