Adblock Plus add-on for FireFox

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Fri May 20 19:42:58 UTC 2011

On 05/20/2011 06:20 PM, BeartoothHOS wrote:
> On Tue, 17 May 2011 05:55:22 +0000, g wrote:
<>

>> you could send a link when you recommend something.

> None is needed -- "yum install privoxy xinetd" has worked for all
> releases of Fedora so far. (Privoxy required xinetd when I first got it;
> I have no machine without it, on which I could test if that's still so.)

hey bear,

well, maybe yes/maybe no on privoxy. xinetd is already installed.

i do not run fedora on internet. i use it with 'fel' for design work.

i use 1 install of scientific linux for internet. a second for accounting
and design work.

sl may have it, i would think so anyway, but i have no complaint about
ads that are a part of page of site i am viewing pages from to run
java and java script, rest of sites are blocked by NoScript.

so, no great need/advantage with privoxy. desire for link to it's site
was to read about privoxy.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,