Protected WLAN

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Fri May 20 22:54:02 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-05-20 at 14:20 +0000, g wrote:
> On 05/20/2011 12:27 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > On Fri, 2011-05-20 at 09:46 +0000, g wrote:
> >> in all of above results;
> >>
> >>   you will find pro and con about 'ssid'.
> >>   you will find wpa2 can be hacked if key is weak.
> >
> > As I said before, I don't need to open any of these links to know that a
> > weak password gives poor security.
>
> my apoligies for addressing my post to you and naming you specifically
> as who it was intended.
>

> in addition, "pgp", ie, "pretty good privacy".
>
> maybe you, 'poc' should look up the history of pgp.

I know it extremely well, having taught it in undergrad CS courses.

> like in what country it was designed, what country was against it
> and requested/forced pgp's withdrawal, and what country it was again
> released from.\

[irrelevant verbiage deleted]

> i guess people on _your_ side of 'the big pond' are not as familiar
> as those of us on this side.

I have completely lost track of whatever point it was you were trying to
make. PGP has nothing whatever to do with Wifi security in the sense of
this thread.

And for your information, I'm not on either side of the 'pond'.

poc