Analog video capture

Dennis Kaptain dkaptain at yahoo.com.mx
Fri May 20 23:43:09 UTC 2011

I want to convert my analog VCR tapes and analog Camcorder video to digital
I plan on purchasing a BT878 card as below.
http://cgi.ebay.com/PixelView-PV-BT878P-REV-10B-TV-TUNER-/260776721005?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb780fa6d

I believe the Linux Kernel should already have the drivers for this ready to go
and I can use mencoder to copy the video/audio to a file.

The ebay photos seem to show the card having inputs for 1/8 in plugs. My VCR and

Camcorder have RCA output jacks. Do I need a simple cable with 1/8" on one end
and RCA on the other or is there more to it than that?

Does anyone have experience with this particular card? Tips? Advise? Warnings?

I'm running Fedora 14. 3GB RAM, Dual Intel 4300 processors 1.8GHz

Thanks
Dennis