Analog video capture

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Sat May 21 03:07:07 UTC 2011

On 05/20/2011 10:41 PM, JD wrote:

> That is very good info. I am now very curious about your
> MythArchive script.
> Would you be able to share it?

It is a part of MythTV  It takes recordings (.mpg for me) and can
produce a mastered DVD as one of its options.  A while back, I recorded
all of the Star Trek: Enterprise that Sci-Fi showed, edited then to
remove the commercials, and burned them 4 to a DVD+R.  Of course those
were recordings from analog TV, not digitial TV, but it proved the point
to me that it can be done.

The program is interactive, and will tell you how much room is left on
the DVD as you add recordings.  It can omit "cut-lists" (the
commercials) if you want it to.  For non-TV recordings, all you have to
do is import them into your MythTV database and it will access then like
any other recording.

Of course, if you are not interested in the TV recording part of it, it
can be a lot of baggage to carry around just to convert analog
recordings to DVD.  B^)

> Is it restricted to mpeg 1, or mpeg2 as far as input?
> What about mp4?

Yes, all are supported.

--
Kevin J. Cummings