Networking problem

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat May 21 20:24:24 UTC 2011

On 05/21/2011 01:05 PM, JD wrote:
> Well, I do not need a mail server. I would have to fight with
> at&t to open up port 25 for me.

No you wouldn't.  You'd tell sendmail to use the AT&T mail server as a
smarthost and pass all of your outgoing mail through it.  I know,
because I have a cron job that sends email to a certain site once a week
and when Verizon closed Port 25 I learned how to get sendmail working as
above.  It's not hard to do; in fact, getting the instructions in a form
that somebody who's not a sendmail guru can follow was the hardest part.