F13+: Has anyone been able to get jackd to run with pulseaudio?

Brendan Jones brendan.jones.it at gmail.com
Sun May 22 21:10:48 UTC 2011

On 05/23/2011 05:54 AM, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> Maybe others could chime in and tell us how to discover
> what the audio device ought to be,  as derived through the
> use of lsXXX or some other command. I tried 'Hardware
> Lister' but no dice.

Chritopher Antill has provided Fedora with some really useful here:
/usr/share/doc/jack-audio-connection-kit-1.9.7/README.Fedora

and here:

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/14/pdf/Musicians_Guide/Fedora-14-Musicians_Guide-en-US.pdf

Specifically do

cat /proc/asound/cards
0 [XFi            ]: SB-XFi - Creative X-Fi
                       Creative X-Fi 20K1 SB073x
  1 [U25            ]: USB-Audio - USB Axiom 25
                       M-Audio USB Axiom 25 at usb-0000:00:13.5-2.1,
full speed

And use the name in brackets in place of the card number

ie in this case hw:XFi

regards

Brendan