How to save .swf video -

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon May 23 17:42:54 UTC 2011

On 05/23/2011 10:29 AM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>          Is there a preferred way to save an ".swf" video clip?
>          Preferably a yum application. Google shows some offerings from
>          places I am not familiar with.

Try wget, which you probably already have.  If you want to convert it to
an mp3, run the file through ffmpeg:

ffmpeg -i file.swf -o file.mp3

or to get rid of video so you can put the file on your mp3 player:

ffmpeg -nv -i file.swf -o file.mp3

will usually do the trick.  I have run across one .swf that was
compressed in a way ffmpeg couldn't handle, but on the whole, that will
do it.