Display geometry in F14

Marcus D. Leech mleech at ripnet.com
Tue May 24 13:45:29 UTC 2011

I have a system with a LG Flatron W2243T monitor, and a Gigabyte
GA-880GM-UD2H motherboard.

Under F14, this monitor refuses to come up in anything other than
fairly-low resolution (1024 x 768), although the monitor is
   clearly capable of 1920 x 1080.   The automatic probe that Xorg does
shows that it thinks it's a Radeon controller.

Has anyone else used this mobo/display combination, and gotten it to
work at full resolution?

When I do a "Detect Monitors", it doesn't update to the Flatron, but
continues to show "Unknown Monitor".  I'm using the VGA
   port.