[Fwd: Announcing the release of Fedora 15 (Lovelock)]

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue May 24 16:18:14 UTC 2011

On Tue, 24 May 2011 08:16:07 -0700
JD <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:

...snip...
(please do trim what you quote in replies. Thanks)

> What an incredibly rapid release cycle.
> We just installed F14 official release last November!

Yep. Just like clockwork, every 6 months. ;)

> I will have to wait until all the packages I have installed
> are recompiled for F15. I think that takes a long time.
> I have 4235 installed rpm's.
> Not sure if all of them will make it into F15.
> Probably not, judging by past experience.

Everything that needed to be recompiled against the new release has
been. We haven't been sitting around the last 6 months. ;)

So, if those packages are from Fedora, they should be either rebuilt,
or not need a rebuild if you upgrade to F15.

kevin