F 15. 64 bit versus 32 bit.

harlequix at googlemail.com harlequix at googlemail.com
Tue May 24 17:11:46 UTC 2011

Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> schrieb:

On 05/24/2011 08:33 PM, Nat Gross wrote: > 1. Thank you ALL for the quick positive response! > > 2. I am a bit confused as to when to use 32 bit components on a 64 bit > os. Besides Flash, Java has the same option, and many more. On the 64 > bit architecture, would I use 64 bit Java as well? Yes. The only components that you would use 32-bit ones are typically proprietary stuff like Skype. Flash does have a 64-bit version available Rahul -- users mailing list users at lists.fedoraproject.org To unsubscribe or change subscription options: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

Yes, but the the flash plugin is afaik outdated. Native 64-bit flash support has always been a pain in the ass, so you might consider running the 32-bit version.