does btrfs finally have fsck?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Wed May 25 00:31:29 UTC 2011

On 05/25/2011 08:23 AM, Konstantin Svist wrote:
> Does btrfs finally have a fully functional fsck? Or is btrfs install not
> recommended for the faint of heart?
>
> Last time I tried btrfs (~year ago), FS got corrupted after a kernel
> oops. Luckily it was only a test machine.

From the release announcement.....

 Btrfs filesystem --  Btrfs, the next generation filesystem is being
developed with upstream participation of Red Hat developers, Oracle
and many others. Btrfs is now available as a menu item in the
installer (only for non-live images. live images support just Ext4)
and does not require passing a special option to the installer as in
the previous releases.  Btrfs availability has moved up a notch as a
incremental step towards the goal of Btrfs as the default filesystem
in the next release of Fedora.  The btrfsck program for performing
filesystem checks is under active development upstream with
participation from Fedora but the one included in this release is
still limited and hence users are highly recommended to maintain
backups when using this filesystem (backups are a good idea anyway!).
Thanks to Josef Bacik, Red Hat Btrfs developer, for his upstream
participation and integration of this feature in Fedora including a
yum plugin (yum-plugin-fs-snapshot) that enables users to rollback
updates if necessary, taking advantage of Btrfs snapshots.

--
How many weeks are there in a light year? 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段