New Install of F15 on a Dell 8250

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Wed May 25 03:04:26 UTC 2011

List,

I have been trying to do a fresh install of F15 i386 on a Dell 8250 with
256 mgs of memory.

I am able to boot from the DVD as well as the netiso CD without
difficulty, but after picking the first option on the "Welcome to Fedora
15" screen to install a new system I am not been able to get past :

[  0.322901] Trying to unpack rootfs image as initramfs...

I have tried an i386 DVD as well as the netinstall cd, and the procedure
stops at the same point.  I have tested the memory and there is no
failure.

Any ideas??

Greg Ennis