What on earth is mounted?

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed May 25 19:50:39 UTC 2011

On 05/25/2011 12:28 PM, suvayu ali wrote:
> If you mean what is the need for systemd, this page might help:
>
> http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/why.html
>
> AFAIU systemd is more of a feature enhancement rather than bug fix. So
> if you strictly adhere to "don't change what is not broken" then this
> falls outside that category.

Thank you.  If there's a better way to do something, the old way could
be considered broken by comparison.  I notice that there's not only no
comments, there doesn't seem to be a way to enter them.  Of course, with
the author warning us that he's going to remove any comments he finds
off-topic, inappropriate or offensive, we have no way of knowing if
there've been any comments because he hasn't said he'd leave comments
making polite criticism.  (Not that I think he's done that, it's just
that he hasn't said he wouldn't.  Among other things, I'm a writer; I
probably pay closer attention to words and how they're used than most
people do.)