Fedora 15 installer needs more than 512MB RAM

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed May 25 21:58:07 UTC 2011

On 05/26/2011 03:19 AM, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> I assume that the installer now checks the amount of available memory
> and displays a warning screen when you attempt an install on a 512MB
> RAM system, no?
>
> Or was that too considered "too disruptive"?. Disrupting the install
> without previous warning is too disruptive, if you ask me.

This is already answered in the bug report in part.  It is not possible
to predict the memory requirements in advance.  It varies quite a bit
depending on the configuration of the system, installation method etc.
The installer team has been working on the installer for almost a decade
now. Let's just say,  the obvious things have already been considered.

Rahul