Set inittab to 3

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed May 25 22:09:32 UTC 2011

On 05/26/2011 03:35 AM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>     That describes what I have been doing. It does not work! Step one fails.
>
>         rm /etc/systemd/system/default.target
>
>         Results in No such file or directory, however I can list it with ls.

The method documented in the wiki works fine and has been tested by
dozens and dozens of users including me.  This is likely to be just a
user mistake unless you have mangled your system with custom scripts
posted here.  However debugging this requires more information.  Let's
start with the obvious.  Check the output of

$ ll /etc/systemd/system/default.target

Then as root user,  delete this file

# rm  /etc/systemd/system/default.target

Rahul