Fedora 15 installer needs more than 512MB RAM

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed May 25 22:28:24 UTC 2011

On 05/26/2011 03:53 AM, Kam Leo wrote:
>> QA works against a well documented and publicized release criteria that
>> gets frequent updates via test list
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_15_Final_Release_Criteria
> Strange that being able to install on a system with minimum hardware
> requirements is not part of the criteria. Or is it covered in item 5
> and the team interprets it differently?

Just to be clear,

Item 5 is

"The installer must be able to create and install to any workable
partition layout using any file system offered in a default installer
configuration, LVM, software, hardware or BIOS RAID, or combination of
the above "

Doesn't say anything about minimum hardware requirements.  It has never
been a blocker for any release.

> It seems that the requirements were posted everywhere except the
> Release Notes and, until today, the home page.

Yes indeed.  Not very ideal but documentation team is running low on
people willing to contribute. I am sure they will welcome any help if
you want to help out

Rahul