Mounting cifs

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu May 26 01:46:55 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-25 at 13:50 -0700, JD wrote:
> My only conclusion is that someone at  at&t or
> a nearby is/are hacking our router, or the router's
> firmware is buggy.
> But I have never seen a bug like this that waits
> 20 to 30 minutes before striking :)

Or it's failing...  Does it, or its power supply, get hot?  Does
improving its ventilation change behaviour?

I've had two modem routers go bad, I suspect they've been zapped up the
phone line during thunderstorms.

I like to take modem/routers out of my networking.  Everything in my LAN
connects to a switch, and that has one ethernet cable leading to the
modem router.  It (modem/router) can fail, or be left switched off, and
the LAN works fine.  Also, if I have to change the modem/router, nothing
else needs reconfiguring.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686