Fedora 15 installer needs more than 512MB RAM

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Thu May 26 02:10:17 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 6:21 PM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/26/2011 06:49 AM, Tim wrote:
>> On Thu, 2011-05-26 at 05:51 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>> I would say, the average Fedora user has anywhere between 1 GB
>>> and 4 GB of RAM and with every release,  the amount of people using
>>> systems with even more RAM keep growing.
>> Must be only the hard core users.  Because it's still common to see new
>> computers only come with 1GB, here.  Never mind people who continue
>> using old computers, where the range is more typically between 500MB and
>> 1GB, with 1GB being considered luckily endowed.
>
> I am talking about stats from Smolt.  They don't differentiate between
> "hard core users" from ordinary ones.   Feel free to look it yourself.

I create and run multiple virtual Fedora installs which are clones of
each other.  I do not feel it is proper to let Smolt report each
instantiation because the hardware is virtual and identical.  Does
Fedora Project really need those virtual stats?

By the way, the smaller the memory footprint required to support a
graphical environment the better it is for me; i.e. more virtual
machines per box.