Mounting cifs

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu May 26 03:22:58 UTC 2011

On 05/25/2011 08:11 PM, JD wrote:
> If our house were wired for  cat5 or cat6 in every room,
> I would agree. Since that is not the case, 2 machines have
> to be wireless, except for win7, which is a desktop and on
> that desk is the router.

It's not exactly hard to run the cable along the walls, stapling it to
the baseboards.  And, if you know how, it's easy to lift a small section
of carpet in doorways, lay the cable and put the carpet back in place
over it.  That's not to say you can't use wireless if you prefer, just
that you don't have to if you don't want to.