Fedora-15 netinstall

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Thu May 26 10:22:16 UTC 2011

Erik P. Olsen wrote:

>> 1) I had the DVD ISO on my server, and I thought I would be asked
>> where I wanted to download from.
>> But as far as I could see, I wasn't asked for an IP address,
>> and F-15 was successfully installed from some unspecified remote site.
>
> Just like yum update

I guess so.

I thought netinstall would give me the usual option
of getting the distribution from the hard disk, NFS, etc.
I know one can do that by copying vmlinuz, initrd, etc
from the DVD to the target machine (running an old version of Fedora)
and adding a stanza to grub.conf -
but a CD or similar package that would do everything required
might be useful?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net