Mounting cifs

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Thu May 26 14:38:34 UTC 2011

On 05/26/11 06:46, Rich wrote:
> Just a shot in the dark, but do you have multiple dhcp daemons running
> on the network.  Your router probably has one running.  I could buy that
> multiple dhcp daemons might cause something like what you describe.

$ ps -ef | grep dhcp
jd       12817  5530  0 07:35 pts/2    00:00:00 grep dhcp

machines win7 and xp1 are not servers, so no dhcp
services are running on them. All 3 machines have
had static IP's for more than3 years. This problem
is a recent one after AT&T remotely flashed the
modem with new firmware.