LAM on fedora cluster

Siavoush Dastmalchi siavoush11 at yahoo.com
Thu May 26 15:24:25 UTC 2011

Dear List,

I  have got a Linux-based cluster (8 nodes each 4 processors) configured  long
time ago running Fedora core 5. It was configured at run level 3.  When I change
the run level of the master node for example to level 5 to  use some programs
with graphical interface, the lam does not work and  "lamboot"  command gives
errors. I changed the run level of other nodes  to 5 as well but it did not
work.

I was wondering how I can change the run level to 5 and in the same time get the
lam working for my parallel jobs.

Cheers,
Siavoush