Why on the Earth GNOME Shell hiding Shutdown & Restart options

Alan Evans ame.fedora at gmail.com
Thu May 26 18:20:00 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 7:51 PM, Juan R. de Silva wrote:

> Looks like the most obstinate wing took it over in GNOME.

The most obstinate wing has been driving GNOME for a very long time
now. For a good laugh, just browse the gnome-devel archives.

These are the same fine folks who foisted spacial view on us by
default. I'm still waiting to meet even a single person who prefers
it. Whenever I help someone install Linux, that's the first thing that
they want me to turn off.

-Alan