Speakers don't Mute when headphones are plugged in (Speakers & Headphones at the same time) :S

Manuel Escudero Jmlevick at gmail.com
Thu May 26 18:40:25 UTC 2011

2011/5/26 Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au>

> On Thu, 2011-05-26 at 00:49 -0500, Manuel Escudero wrote:
> > it doesn't matter wich device I choose as output, the PC simple don't
> > mute one or another and my headphones and speakers sound at the same
> > time,
>
> I recall, on one sound card, going through the preference available in
> the volume controls, and finding a "detect headphones" switch.  When
> enabled, that sound card would notice when headphones were plugged in.
>
> That was on a (much) older Fedora release, but it's probably still
> something to look for.
>
> --
> [tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
> 2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686
>
> Don't send private replies to my address, the mailbox is ignored.  I
> read messages from the public lists.
>

> --

@Tim: Yep, Older releases had more configuration tools
and options about sound, now it's kinda "universal" stuff,
it has been like that since F12 I believe... in F11 we still had
the "system-sound-configuration" tool or something like that,
not anymore in F12,

Also the wierd integration of ALSA + Pulseaudio makes the
sound "harder to configure in an expert mode" because we don't
have the right files in the right folders, we don't even have "alsaconf"!
(And don't get me wrong here, The "universal alsa+pulseaudio mashup"
works for almost every computer I tried, but not in mine and it hasn't
over the months), the thing is, in F14 I was able stop my problem with
a simple click in "Pavucontrol" and now I can't...

Look, I don't want the 5.1 Ch HD Audio the computer can deliver,
I'm happy with the only two I'm getting But please, please! I need separate
headphones and speakers :)

Yesterday I was asking on IRC at #fedora and they only told me to "Google
it"
and "File a Bug", I've been googling it for almost 2 years and I never got
a better solution than the pavucontrol one, but it doesn't work anymore...

Any Suggestions? Thank You.

--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052
@GWave: jmlevick at googlewave.com
@Blogger: http://www.blogxenode.tk/ (Xenode Systems Blog)
PGP/GnuPG: E2B4 31CE F2BF 1944 8664  3E22 88C8 DFC9 4D7C 1B35