Positive tips and help for GNOME 3 please

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Thu May 26 21:41:19 UTC 2011

I'd like to start a thread to help me, and hopefully others use GNOME 3
more effectively. I've used it for a day now, its very different and
will take me a while to get used to it. However past experience with
other new things (e.g. selinux) has shown me that both they, and I
improve and I do want to try to get on with GNOME 3. So if you have any
particular tips, or similar, please post them here.

I would like to keep this focused on positive tips, so would urge
complaints, rants, frustrations to be posted separately.

Anyway to get the ball rolling. To quickly bring up the Activities menu,
press the "Windows" key. And Esc will take you out of it.

Steve

--

Website:  www.stevesearle.com
Twitter:  @ReddishShift

 22:34:13 up 1 day, 13:33,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.08