Positive tips and help for GNOME 3 please

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu May 26 21:44:13 UTC 2011

On 05/27/2011 03:11 AM, Steve Searle wrote:
> I'd like to start a thread to help me, and hopefully others use GNOME 3
> more effectively. I've used it for a day now, its very different and
> will take me a while to get used to it. However past experience with
> other new things (e.g. selinux) has shown me that both they, and I
> improve and I do want to try to get on with GNOME 3. So if you have any
> particular tips, or similar, please post them here.

I recommend the following references

https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Tour
https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/CheatSheet
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/15/html/Release_Notes/sect-Release_Notes-Changes_for_Desktop_Users.html#sect-RelNotes-Desktop

Also,  look at various GNOME Shell Extensions available in the repo (yum
-C search gnome-shell-extensions)

That should give you a good start.

Rahul