Improving video response on windows7 kvm guest on fedora14

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Thu May 26 22:08:45 UTC 2011

On Thu, 26 May 2011 17:16:05 -0400
Alex wrote:

> I have an existing windows7 x86_64 kvm guest running on fedora14
> x86_64 with a Radeon HD5700 at 1680x1050, and would like to improve
> the resolution and video response of the Windows guest.

You might want to upgrade to fedora 15 so you can use spice
(http://spice-space.org/) out of the box.

It is also possible to use spice on f14, but it requires
funky wrappers to get it working with libvirt:

http://home.comcast.net/~tomhorsley/wisdom/braindump/kvm.html

If you try it, be sure to backup your original virt
image file so you can restore it if the spice driver
installs go horribly wrong.