F15 long boot time/cups scheduler problem

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri May 27 08:47:31 UTC 2011

On 27/05/11 03:47, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 05/26/2011 06:21 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>>    I don't know what the cups scheduler is or
>>           what to do with it.
> Cups is the Common Unix Printing System, although they've dropped the
> acronym and just use the name here.  I don't know why it's giving you
> trouble, but I'd start off by checking my printer if I were you.

        I thought the same thing, figured the problem would go away
        after I set up the printers, but no, not even after system yum
        update, new kernel, etc. I have three network printers, all
        function from that computer. Google lists a number of complaints
        in other distro's for "Cups scheduler not starting."

        I don't know how to troubleshoot that?

        Bob