F14->F15 after preupgrade boot hang

birger birger at birger.sh
Fri May 27 09:27:44 UTC 2011

Sitat Ian Malone <ibmalone at gmail.com>:

> How far does it get? Do you get to the blue starting screen (the one
> with the Fedora logo-shaped progress meter)? Are you able to check the
> kernel options in grub and see whether rhgb is there or not (maybe an
> issue with nvidia drivers)? Were you using the standard kernel drivers
> for your display under F14 (nv/nouveau) or had you installed the
> nvidia ones? Also, how long is forever (my laptop had a problem which
> caused boot to hang for 5 minutes)?

I have seen the same on all systems I have upgraded using preupgrade while
F15 was in RC state. It seems to hang completely right after grub with a
black screen and the cursor in the upper left corner. Just wait. And wait.
In the end it has always recovered and booted normally. I don't see this
once F15 is installed.

--
birger