F15 long boot time

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Fri May 27 12:12:33 UTC 2011

On 05/26/2011 06:05 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>          On a new F15 install replacing F14. The boot process pauses at
>          "Start LSB: The cups scheduler" for 60 seconds before going on
>          to the text log-in. I don't know what the cups scheduler is or
>          what to do with it.
>
>          Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this?

My boot process often pauses at that point, but it isn't because of cups
(even if that is the last message). It's because of the next message.

Check your boot logs carefully to see what comes after the cups message.

In my case, it is waiting for a NFSv4 mount to come alive. I am not sure
why that takes so long.

- Mike