Any ideas for debugging hostapd problem on f15?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 12:58:59 UTC 2011

I have an extensive description of getting my ralink based
USB dongle to work as an access point on fedora 14:

http://home.comcast.net/~tomhorsley/hardware/rtl8192cu/rtl8192cu.html#Success

I'm trying to replicate that success on fedora 15, and can't
seem to get it to work. I was connected once briefly, but
thought maybe the NAT wasn't working because I forgot to
rename eth0 to em1 in the iptables rules. I saw NetworkManager
grabbing control of wlan0 and br0 so I disabled it. But after
fixing all that, I can't even seem to get connected at all now.