Fedora-15-i686-Live-XFCE.iso /dev/fb0 problem

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Fri May 27 13:46:43 UTC 2011

People,

On my Gateway LT30 netbook, I am still getting similar problems to the
ones I got after the Beta and RCs XFCE Live CD version installs to HD.

Booting on the installed system hangs so I:

- boot to single user - OK

- "init 2" - OK

- "init 3" - OK

- "init 5" - Fails with "/dev/fb0" does not exist errors (it does exist)
- the same problem as the previous versions.

I want to try F15 on this machine (it currently runs F13) because F14
had a problem with a slow, sluggish mouse but I am not having much
success with F15 either so far . .

Regards,

Phil.
--