Why on the Earth GNOME Shell hiding Shutdown & Restart options

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 13:51:28 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 11:04 PM, Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 15:20, Alan Evans <ame.fedora at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The most obstinate wing has been driving GNOME for a very long time
>> now. For a good laugh, just browse the gnome-devel archives.
>
> 15 years ago, in IBM OS/2 Warp, changing the mouse cursor was a
> drag-and-drop operation, just drag any .ico over the drop area of the
> mouse pointer tab in the mouse properties object, and that .ico became
> the cursor.

I remember those days.  This would be a really 'neat' feature to have
in any current OS/WM/Shell...

> I´m curious if things have improved in Gnome 3, or changing the
> cursors is still a pain in the ass.

Don't know.  I don't have an Intel based machine powerful enough to
try this out.  However, I may relegate my 'spare' Mac to being a Linux
machine and see what happens.  It is sitting on the shelf gathering
dust now.