GTK apps ignore subpixel hinting settings

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Fri May 27 14:35:28 UTC 2011

Hi,

> Firefox uses GTK for widget rendering ('browse' button, etc). It also
> uses[1] cairo to render fonts/pages (just like any other Gtk app).

Firefox's "browse" button is a self-implemented XUL button not a gtk
one, just using GTK+ for theming.
Firefox just uses GTK for theming, but itself is no GTK application.

> at session startup time in order to read settings
> such as font rendering from it via dbus.

Thanks I'll have a look shortly.
I hope there is a way without using gnome-settings daemon,
it used to work so well in the past and your setup seems rather complicated.

Thanks, Clemens