VirtualBox problem in F15

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sat May 28 22:48:08 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-05-28 at 18:18 -0400, Gary Waters wrote:
> On 05/28/2011 01:49 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> >> Make sure your user account is in the vboxusers group or USB won't work.
> >> This was a change in the 4.x series on VirtualBox.
> >>
> >> 1) as root or via sudo, edit /etc/group
> >> 2) locate the vboxusers line and add yourself after the last colon
> >>        vboxusers:x:501:sdstern
> >> 3) save the file.
> >> 4) logout, login
> >
> > Cerainly. I started using the 4.x series on F14 and already dealt with this.
> >
> > I'm afraid it doesn't do anything for my original problem though (Ed has
> > a USB problem; I don't or at least have no indication that I do since I
> > can't get that far).
> >
> > poc
> >

> Once I had everything in place I had to go into the setttings for each
> VDI and add USB filters for each device. Once I did that everything fell
> into place perfectly.

Once again: thanks all the same but I do not have a problem with USB. My
original question has nothing to do with USB, in fact it doesn't even
mention it. If I get as far as being able to run my VM then perhaps I
*will* have a USB problem, though I don't think so. If that day comes
then I'll be sure to ask again.

poc