NFS mounts at boot broken on F15?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sat May 28 23:08:12 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-05-28 at 18:13 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-05-29 at 03:41 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> > On 05/29/2011 01:51 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > > Where is the "comment=" feature documented? It's not in the man page
> > > given above, nor in the man pages for mount or nfs.
> > >

> > I fount the man page Louis wrote about by googling "man systmd.automount"
>
> You mean "man systemd.automount" (Louis misspelled it as well).
>
> Anyway, I wasn't asking where the manpage was since I already looked at
> it. IOW I looked at the actual manpage actually installed on my actual
> system, since I presume this to be the one relevant to my installation.
>
> What I wanted to know is where is the "comment" operator described. In
> the above manpage there is no instance of the word "comment" to be found
> and none of the Googled copies seem to have it either. If this is a real
> thing, what does it do and why is it not documented? Enquiring minds
> want to know.

And finally, the proper reference (systemd.mount(5)):

       When reading /etc/fstab a few special mount options are understood by systemd which influence how dependencies are
       created for mount points from /etc/fstab. If comment=systemd.mount is specified as mount option, then systemd will
       create a dependency of type Wants from either local-fs.target or remote-fs.target, depending whether the file
       system is local or remote. If comment=systemd.automount is set, an automount unit will be created for the file
       system. See systemd.automount(5) for details.

poc