Why no icons? Was, Re: How to switch back to metacity

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Sun May 29 09:17:55 UTC 2011

Am Samstag, den 28.05.2011, 17:27 -0400 schrieb Bill Davidsen:
> Learning new things is good, having to learn a new way to do the old
> things, not so much.

That is exactly my problem as well. Unfortunately I couldn't spent the
time over the last months to make my own experiences using the betas but
just followed closely the discussion here and was concerned. Yesterday I
downloaded the live image and made my experiences. Now I'm simply
horrified. I use Fedora for my daily work and just can't spend the time
to reorganize all my working habits and routines.

So my question, perhaps slightly OT for this thread: Did you find a way
to handle the situation?

Is there some kind of "Fedora survival guide for unteachable Gnome2
users" around?

Thanks in advance
Peter