Failure to detect dependency...whose responsible?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sun May 29 13:02:13 UTC 2011

On Sun, 29 May 2011 16:35:04 +0800
Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've enabled the rpmfusion repos and have just tried to do "yum
> install kmod-nvidia".

...snip...

> So, I think it should have failed with a dependency error, yes?
>
> Would this be considered a bug in yum?

It's hard to say without full yum output, but I think no.

rpmfusion just created their f15 branch and built the kmods for the
releases kernel, then a bit later they built an update for the updated
kernel you were running. I suspect you hit a mirror or checked before
they pushed that update and the kmod against the release version was
the only one available. So, not a yum bug, just a repo issue.

If thats the case a 'yum clean expire-cache' and trying again should
work soon...

kevin