Why no icons? Was, Re: How to switch back to metacity

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sun May 29 14:34:13 UTC 2011

Peter Boy wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 28.05.2011, 17:27 -0400 schrieb Bill Davidsen:
>> Learning new things is good, having to learn a new way to do the old
>> things, not so much.
>
> That is exactly my problem as well. Unfortunately I couldn't spent the
> time over the last months to make my own experiences using the betas but
> just followed closely the discussion here and was concerned. Yesterday I
> downloaded the live image and made my experiences. Now I'm simply
> horrified. I use Fedora for my daily work and just can't spend the time
> to reorganize all my working habits and routines.
>
> So my question, perhaps slightly OT for this thread: Did you find a way
> to handle the situation?
>
> Is there some kind of "Fedora survival guide for unteachable Gnome2
> users" around?

http://scientificlinux.org - grab their 6.0 release and live with it for a
decade or so. Note that CentOS hasn't gotten to 6.0 yet, SL has a similar
approach but (a) makes it easy to have site customization, and (b) may get
things out sooner, due to using paid staff rather than volunteers.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>