Why no icons? Was, Re: How to switch back to metacity

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sun May 29 19:01:51 UTC 2011

On 05/29/2011 11:51 AM, Steven Stern wrote:
> Because that was hashed out a long time ago in the F15 alpha days and on
> the Gnome mailing lists.  Now, it is what it it is.

Please understand that my interest is only academic; I don't use Gnome
any more.  Gnome can go in whatever direction it wants without any
argument or complaint from me because what Gnome does no longer affects
me.  I am, however, curious about the reasoning behind the decision.  If
you know, and your reply implies that you do, please explain.  I'm quite
willing to believe that they had what they consider to be good reasons
to do something like this but they're not obvious to me and I'm always
willing to listen to "the other side" and try to understand their POV.