Raid Monitor -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun May 29 20:40:46 UTC 2011

On 29/05/11 14:13, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> On 29/05/11 12:55, john wendel wrote:
>> On 05/28/2011 06:15 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>>>           One of the items that my F-15 boot process stalls for a few
>>>           seconds at:
>>>
>>>               "Started LSB: Start and stop the MD software raid
>>> monitor"
>>>
>>>           That doesn't sound like something I need since I don't have a
>>>           raid system. Is there something I can disable or remove to
>>>           eliminate that?
>>>
>>>           Bob
>>>

>> chkconfig mdmonitor off
>>
>> John
>>

>        Thanks, that worked. It now zips through the boot process except
>        for one new stalling point:
>
>            /FS-Cache: netfs 'nfs' registered for caching/
>
>        I tried turning off netfs too but it still stops at the same
>        point, apparently nfs is causing that and I want it to connect
>        to the nfs server.
>
>        I'll keep chipping away and eventually get a smooth boot.
>
>        Bob

        I tried to restore things with chkconfig and had problems. Tried
        chkconfig defaults in order to be able to boot again but now
        ethtool says there's no device, so no connection to anything. It
        can't find the ethernet port.

        It looks like the boot process goes normally but when I'm logged
        in there's no eth1 connection for bobg or root.

        Can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot this?

        Bob