BCM4312

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Mon May 30 03:47:25 UTC 2011

On 05/29/11 20:01, Misha Shnurapet wrote:
> 30.05.2011, 00:31, "Jim Bennett"<jameswster at gmail.com>:
>> IS anyone running Fedora 15 on laptop with BCM4312 wireless adapter. I
> I have the same model on my Dell laptop. If you look at dmesg it would tell you the URL where you can download the firmware.
>
> I have another question concerning this module. It only supports B/G profiles. Is there a model with the same interface supporting N and having decent support by Linux community? It would be great to replace my BCM4312.

Are you looking for a Broadcom card or any card that supports 802.11N?
I have a laptop and I recently installed an AR5008 mini-pci card, and it
seems to be well supported by the ath9k and ath driver modules,
and it supports 802.11N, Draft 2.
You can also install an Atheros AR9220/AR9223 card, but be careful which
manufacturer and model it is. The only Atheros AR9220 card manufacturer
supported by the ath9k driver is the
Compex WLM200NX Mini-PCI 9220 0x0029 0x168c 0x2096
and this according to
http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/ath9k/devices.
But that list is rather old and has not been updated for a long time.