No sound since upgrading to F15

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Mon May 30 03:51:46 UTC 2011

On Sun May 29 2011, John Aldrich wrote:
> I had working sound in Fedora 14, but now since upgrading to Fedora 15,
> there is no sound. What gives??? The ONLY option in systemsettings for
> sound is Pulseaudio. XMMS has options for OSS, ArtsD, and Alsa. Are
> those deprecated or something??? any idea why I can't get sound any
> more???

FYI, I did finally manage to find the KDE mixer and run it. I found that the
"master" was muted as was the PCM as well. However, even after unmuting it,
I still can't get any audio. I tried the suggestions on the Fedora project
page, but that didn't help either. I found several entries in alsa.org
about the same hardware, all using the same script, but I can't find a
single article about changes needed to get it to work.

As I say it *used* to work, but now it doesn't, and the ONLY change has
been from F14 to F15. NO hardware changes of any sort have been made!