No ethernet connection -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon May 30 10:16:03 UTC 2011

On 30/05/11 05:45, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 30/05/11 10:35, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>> New F-15 install.
>>
> yum install system-config-network
>
> then create a new connection.
> That is if like myself, you don't use NM.
>
> then
> systemctl disable NetworkManager.service
> systemctl enable network.service
>
> YMMV

        Ok, I did "systemctl enable network.service" but ethtool eth0
        still protests "No such device."
        It looks like it may be working during the boot process, all I
        see are "OK's" no "fail" I tried creating a new user, no joy
        there either. As I say it arose from messing with chkconfig and
        not knowing what I was going to screw up.

        Yes, I've used system-config-network to set up the connection
        and that still looks good.

        Bob