No ethernet connection -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon May 30 10:49:03 UTC 2011

On 30/05/11 06:27, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 30/05/11 11:16, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>

>>           Ok, I did "systemctl enable network.service" but ethtool eth0
>>           still protests "No such device."
> Have you got:
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0  content?

        Yes, and it appears unchanged from what it was. I can't easily
        copy files to this computer without my eth1 connection.

>>           It looks like it may be working during the boot process, all I
>>           see are "OK's" no "fail" I tried creating a new user, no joy
>>           there either. As I say it arose from messing with chkconfig and
>>           not knowing what I was going to screw up.
>>
>>           Yes, I've used system-config-network to set up the connection
>>           and that still looks good.
>>
>>           Bob
>>
>    chkconfig --list
> and post the output

        I will have to copy that to a flash drive, will do in a little
        while.

> I use XFCE, but the bedrock should be the same.

        I have used only xfce for as long as fedora has existed, Window
        Maker before that. I can muddle through with Gnome if need be,
        usually long enough to get xfce installed, never bothered with KDE.
        This install is from the xfce live spin.

        Bob